Our Clients are a global engineering, consulting and performance products business that specialises in the transportation, energy and scarce resource sectors.
For clients in the rail sector, its teams provide independent assurance and technical expertise across all key industry disciplines, including fleet management, signaling and train control, operations and business strategy.
To support its growing reputation within the Spanish rail market, the business is looking to recruit a Business Manager to lead its Madrid-based team.
The existing Spanish rail business has an established portfolio of clients for its assurance services, the objective now is to extend its capabilities and service offering in the consulting and technical products spheres. The Business Manager will be responsible for overseeing this expansion, including new client development, business performance, operational management and project delivery.
This new role presents an exciting opportunity for a rail professional who possesses the drive and the ambition to step up to the challenge, and who would enjoy the opportunities and responsibilities of developing a successful and growing team.
- To build, manage and grow a successful consulting & products business within all Spanish speaking markets
- Develop the order book pipeline for the Business Area.
- Act as Bid Manager, Project Director and/or Project Manager for appropriate projects.
- Oversee the delivery of projects in the business area.
- Negotiate contracts and close sales deals
- Report on project performance, P&L performance, order book and opportunities funnel.
- Plan, create and report future market opportunities and monitor competitor activities.
- Lead and manage people within the Business Area
- Monitor, manage, communicate and report Quality, Health & Safety processes to ensure a safe and to comply with internal and external requirements and provide a safe & healthy environment for employees
A degree qualified engineer with substantial industry and operational experience in the Rail sector within Spain. Key attributes and previous experience of the successful candidate will include:
- Degree qualified in suitable engineering discipline with profound knowledge of the Spanish Rail Market and management experience.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the rail sector
- A wide appreciation of all rail disciplines and competencies.
- Proven success in client relationship building and business management.
- Substantial experience of working in a professional services environment.
- Self-starter, ability to create opportunities and to develop them into profitable business.
- Proven ability to manage and deliver projects on time and budget.
- Proven experience of effective performance management.
- Intercultural sensitivity, experienced in working in a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to present to a high professional standard, both orally and in writing, to individuals and to groups.
- Fluency in both Spanish and English language; able to negotiate and to present complex technical items as well as contractual arrangements in either language.
An excellent remuneration package will be provided comprising, base salary, bonus and a company car.
All applicants should write (in English) to our exclusive retained Consultants, MTC Partnership, enclosing a current CV together with a brief statement outlining the relevance of their experience for this role to; Robert Hyde firstname.lastname@example.org