Engineering & Quality Manager – Aerospace
£55k to 60k, car + excellent bonus & benefits – Home Counties
Our clients have achieved an envied reputation for quality and innovation through a range of highly engineered products supplied to the worldwide aerospace industry. They successfully operate in a sector where exceptional customer service levels are the key business performance measure and uncompromising levels of product quality, cost and delivery performance are taken as a given.
Reporting at Management Board level, this ‘hands-on’ role of Engineering & Quality Manager will assume responsibility for the leadership of all engineering and quality management including continuous improvement (CI) resources.
Your responsibilities will include;
- To provide leadership and strategic direction to all engineering resources.
- Ensure that all manufactured products are comprehensively planned & engineered utilising optimum manufacturing methods and technologies.
- To continuously review all engineering methods and manufacturing processes including CNC programming to improve and drive the adoption of industry best practice also recommending and justifying appropriate capex projects when required.
- Manage the new product introduction process from customer quotation & estimating through the NPI / APQP process to production readiness.
- To identify, develop, retain and motivate engineering talent within the business.
- Provide a strategic focus to facilitate a robust CI culture utilising tools such as 6S, PFMEA’s, zero defects and lean manufacturing.
- To serve as a key member of the businesses senior management team providing support to all functions as required.
- Coach, lead and manage all associates to embrace a culture of never-ending improvement in safety, productivity, quality and cost.
Our preferred candidates will offer the following experience and character traits;
- An engineering degree.
- Training and development within a manufacturing engineering discipline.
- Five to ten years’ experience within a precision engineering manufacturing business, ideally aerospace or automotive and with at least the last two years’ spent in engineering management.
- Hands-on experience of working with lean tools and TPS methods.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of computer based MRP systems and shop floor loading tools.
- Extensive experience of a wide range of manufacturing techniques including CNC machining & fabrications in the Aerospace sector.
- An ability to think clearly and logically while acting decisively.
- A completer finisher with the innate ability to make things happen.
The Engineering and Quality Manager will above all bring leadership and efficient management to the Engineering Team. We are looking for a rare individual; one not afraid of a challenge and also, one equally unafraid to effectively challenge the status quo within management and subordinates alike.
Please apply quoting Reference Number; 0816101 with your CV and a covering letter showing current salary details to; MTC Partnership LLP, email: email@example.com