Estimator / QS – West Midlands – to £45k + excellent benefits
Our clients are a highly successful Division of a UK Engineering Group and have become the recognised brand for quality engineered solutions within Warehousing & Distribution Systems, Materials Handling and Storage Facilities. Continued growth within the UK market and a raft of exciting opportunities available to them within Europe gives rise to this key appointment.
- Reporting to The Head of Sales, the purpose of the role is to provide a broadly-based estimating and applications engineering function in support of bids and proposals prepared by the sales engineering team.
- A broad experience of current manufacturing methods and particularly of metal fabrications.
- A well-developed sense of business acumen.
- An eye for detail with and an aptitude for recognising trends and variance.
- Highly numerate.
- A good appreciation of the theoretical vs. the practically possible.
- Previous project management experience would be desirable.
- Previous CAD experience and an ability to generate 2D models in support of cost estimates would be an advantage.
- Educated to degree or HNC level in manufacturing engineering or surveying.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit
- A good team player; an individual who is self-aware and who applies emotional intelligence to enhance his/her effectivity.
- The ability to function and to deliver within a climate of ambiguity.
- Respond to sales enquiries by producing accurate cost estimates of materials and labour required to fully execute project bid proposals.
To apply, please send a full CV together with details of your current remuneration to; Robert Hyde, Managing Partner, MTC Partnership LLP, quoting reference 0117.103. Email: Robert.email@example.com